§ Mr. Dykes
asked the Secretary of State for the Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will publish a list of all bodies to which he appoints members other than civil servants, distinguishing between full-time and part-time, salaried, fee paid and unpaid appointments, indicating for each category of appointment the number of such appointees.
§ Mr. Tomlinson
The only full-time, salaried appointment that my right hon. Friend makes is that of Director of the Commonwealth Institute. The list below shows those bodies to which he appoints members who are not civil servants and the figures in brackets represent the number of members, other than civil servants, currently serving and appointed by my right hon. Friend's predecessors and by my right hon. Friend. All of the appointees so shown are part-time and unpaid:
- The Advisory Council of the European Discussion Centre (6)
- The Academic Council of Wilton Park (16)
- The Advisory Committee on Rhodesian Travel Restrictions (4)
- The Anglo-Soviet Consultative Committee (11)
- The Central African Power Corporation (1)
- The Commonwealth Foundation (1)
- The Commonwealth Institute
- (a) the Board of Governors (14)
- (b) the Trustees (3)
The Imperial War Museum (2) The Marshall Aid Scholarship Commemoration Commission (9) The Reserve Bank of Rhodesia (1) The Governing Body of the School of Oriental and African Studies (2) University College of Wales, Aberystwyth: Wilson Chair of International Politics Advisory Board (1) The Secretary of State's Unofficial Advisory Group on UN Affairs (no fixed membership.