§ Mr. Skinner
asked the Secretary of State for Trade what action he proposes to take in view of the breach of the requirements of the Companies Acts in respect of the filing of annual returns or accounts by the following companies: Sproat Communications, Sproat Electronics, Sproat Trading, Sproat Publishing, Sproat Films, Cyadmarc Sproat, Syston Estates and Syston Publishing; and if he will make a statement.
§ Mr. Clinton Davis
The Syston Estates Co. Ltd. is up to date in filing annual returns and accounts. The present position with respect to the other copies mention is as follows:
- (a) Sproat Communication Ltd.—No. 1100924. Incorporated 9th March 1973, Annual Returns and Accounts for 1974, 1975 and 1976 outstanding.
- (b) Sproat Electronics Ltd.—No. 1139551. Incorporated 15th November 1973. Annual Returns and Accounts for 1975 and 1976 outstanding.
- (c) Sproat Trading Ltd.—No. 1166844. Incorporated 16th April 1974. Annual Returns and Accounts for 1975 and 1976 outstanding.
- (d) Sproat Publishing Ltd,—No. 1140702. Incorporated 22nd October 1977. Annual Returns and Accounts for 1975 and 1976 outstanding.
- (e) Sproat Films Ltd.—No. 1139586. Incorporated 15th October 1973. Annual Returns and Accounts for 1975 and 1976 outstanding.
- (f) Cyadmarc Sproat Ltd.—No. 1191481. Incorporated 25th November 1974. Annual Return for 1976 outstanding.
- (g) The Syston Publishing Co. Ltd.—No. 1132820. Incorporated 6th September 1973. Annual Return for 1976 outstanding.
Default letters have been sent to these companies to remind them of their obligations under the 1948 Companies Act. I have also written to the hon. Member for Aberdeen, South (Mr. Sproat) concerning 21W those companies listed (a) to (f). Appropriate action will be taken if there is continued failure to file statutory returns.