HC Deb 07 December 1977 vol 940 c780W
Mrs. Bain

asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will list in the Official Report the tunnels, bridges and roads in Scotland for which tolls are charged, giving details of the charges levied and the levels of concession given to (a) commercial vehicles and (b) private vehicles.

Mr. McElhone

Tolls are not charged on any roads or tunnels in Scotland.

The following table gives the information requested for the three tolled bridges. There are no concessionary schemes for private vehicles, although cars of disabled drivers cross free. Under the Forth and Erskine Bridges concession schemes for goods vehicles, heavy goods vehicles with unladen weights of over 30 cwt. and making at least 32 crossings per calendar month pay a toll of 30p per crossing.

about 40 per cent. of project employees go into permanent employment, training or further education immediately on leaving JCP projects and nearly 60 per cent of all JCP project employees are in employment about six months after leaving. An initial sample of young people who left work experience schemes indicated that 42 per cent. entered employment immediately on leaving a scheme. This figure does not include those young people who subsequently found work after a short period of unemployment.