§ Mr. Maurice Macmillan
asked the Secretary of State for Defence if he will list the weapons systems and equipments which have come into service since March 1975.
§ Mr. William Rodgers
Weapons systems and equipments which have come into service since March 1975 includeRoyal Navy
- (i) HMS "Antelope" and "Ambuscade", second and third Type 21 frigates.
- (ii) HMS "Kingfisher", a Bird class patrol craft.Army
- (i) 105 mm light gun and one tonne land-rover towing vehicle.
- (ii) Blowpipe man-portable missile system.
- (iii) Scimitar armoured reconnaissance vehicle.
- (iv) Chieftain tank laser sights.
- (v) a number of new smaller equipments which form a significant part of the Army's overall programme; e.g., night vision aids. radio and refuelling equipment.Royal Air Force
- (i) First Squadron of Victor K2 tankers.
- (ii) Second Squadron of United Kingdom based Buccaneers and two more Jaguar squadrons.
- (iii) Laser ranger equipment for Jaguar aircraft.
- (iv) New radio and telecommunications equipment for the Nimrod and radar warning receivers for combat aircraft.
In addition, there have been further delveries of a wide range of weapons systems introduced into service before March 1975, including Exocet, Ikara, Rapier and Martel missiles, Mark 24 and Mark 46 torpedoes, the Anglo-French Gazelle helicopter and tracked vehicles including Scorpion.