§ Mr. Michael Latham
asked the Secretary of State for the Environment whether he will list persons or organisations which have sent him written comments on the report "Control of Demolition" by Mr. George Dobry, QC; and when he intends to announce his decision on its recommendations.158W
§ Mr. John Silkin
The following organisations sent me written comments:
- Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
- Scottish Development Department.
- Welsh Office.
Local authority associations:
- Association of County Councils.
- Association of District Councils.
- Associaton of Metropolitan Authorities.
- London Boroughs Association.
Local authorities:London borough of Camden.
Public bodies and nationalised industries:
- British Gas Corporation.
- British Railways Board.
- National Coal Board.
- Central Electricity Generating Board.
- Post Office.
Professional bodies and institutions:
- British Quarrying and Slag Federation.
- Confederation of British Industry.
- British Property Federation.
- Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors.
- House-Builders Federation.
- Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Law Society.
- Country Landowners Association.
- Multiple Shops Federation.
- National Farmers Union.
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- National Federation of Building Trades Employers.
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Royal Town Planning Institute.
Other representative organisations:
- Civic Trust.
- National Trust.
- Council for the Protection of Rural Wales.
My right hon. Friend the Secretary of State will announce his decisions on the recommendations in the report when he has also considered Mr. Dobry's final report on his Review of the Development Control System which is expected shortly.