§ Mr. Carlisle
The members were:
They were selected for their experience of the administration of the law of firearms control.
- Sir John McKay, C.B.E., Q.P.M., H.M. Chief Inspector of Constabulary for England and Wales (Chairman).
- Mr. J. Angus, Q.P.M., Chief Constable of Leeds.
- Mr. T. W, Chasser, C.V.O., Chief Constable of the Scottish North-Eastern Counties.
- Mr. D. H. J. Hilary, Assistant Secretary, Police Department, Home Office.
- Commander H. Hodgson, Metropolitan Police.
- Commander E. O. Howells, Metropolitan Police (seconded to Police Research Services Branch, Home Office, until July 1971).
- Mr. W. Hutchison and subsequently Mr. R. D. M. Calder, Assistant Secretary and Principal, respectively, Police Division, Scottish Home and Health Department.
- Mr. J. D. McCafferty, Metropolitan Police Laboratory.
- Mr. F. Drayton Porter, Q.P.M., Chief Constable of Mid-Anglia.