§ Mr. Hall-Davis
asked the Secretary of State for Social Services how many units 396W for the young chronic sick are in use in the Manchester Hospital Board region and in the counties of Cumberland and Westmorland lying in the Newcastle Hospital Board region; how many will be provided in new hospitals or buildings now approved; and where each is located.
§ Mr. Alison
The information is as follows:
Manchester Hospital Region
There are no existing special units; new 26-bed units are planned to be built at:
- Ladywell Hospital, Salford.
- Sharoe Green Hospital, Preston.
- North Manchester (site to be determined).
- Withington Hospital, Manchester.
Cumberland and Westmorland
There are existing units at:
- Whitehaven Hospital (12 beds).
- Strathclyde House, Carlisle (44 beds).
There are at present no plans to provide further units in this area.