§ Sir K. Joseph
The task of the working party is to consider those recommendations made by Professor Greve which relate to the problems of preventive action, temporary accommodation and social rehabilitation. Questions of housing and rent policy are being pursued separately by my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for the Environment. The members of the working party are as follows:
- Mr. J. E. Pater (Chairman)—Department of Health and Social Security.
- Mr. A. A. Brown—Housing Manager, London Borough of Merton.
- Mr. F. Dixon Ward—Chief Executive, London Borough of Lambeth.
- Mr. D. M. Fleet—Director of Social Services, London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
- Mr. W. Johnston—Director of Social Services, London Borough of Lambeth.
- Mr. H. Rees-Jones—Director of Social Services, London Borough of Islington.
- Mr. J. Noel Martin—Town Clerk and Principal Chief Officer, Royal Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames.
- Mr. H. G. Simpson—Director of Housing and Property Services, London Borough of Lambeth.
- Mr. H. Whalley—Director of Social Services, London Borough of Brent.
- Mr. C. Pink—Department of the Environment.
- Mr. A. B. Hadley, Miss E. L. Hope-Murray, Mr. R. T. P. Pronger—Department of Health and Social Security.
- Mr. R. I. Wright of the Greater London Council has been invited to join the working party as an observer.