§ Mrs. Renée Short
asked the Secretary of State for Social Services if he will publish in the OFFICIAL REPORT a list of the private nursing homes recently approved by his Department under the Abortion Act.
§ Sir K. Joseph
I have approved for one year, i.e., until 31st December next, except where otherwise indicated, 50 nursing homes as follows. A small number of new applications are under consideration:
PLACES APPROVED FOR THE PURPOSES OP SECTION 1(3) OF THE ABORTION ACT, 1967, FOR TREATMENT FOR THE TERMINATION OF PREGNANCY
- 1. Florence Nightingale Hospital, 19, Lisson Grove, London, N.W.1.
- 2. Fitzroy Nuffield Nursing Home, 10–12, Bryanston Square, London, W.1.
- 3. Langham Street Clinic, 31, 33, 35, Langham Street, London, W.1.
- 4. The London Clinic, 20, Devonshire Place, London, W.1.
- 5. The Nursing Home, 27, Welbeck Street, London, W.1 (approval expires 31st March, 1971).
- 6. Avenue Clinic, 12, Avenue Road, St. John's Wood, London, N.W.8.
- 7. St. Mary's Nursing Home, 46, Sunny Gardens Road, London, N.W.4.
- 8. Old Court Clinic, 19, Montpelier Road, London, W.5.
- 9. Coniston House Nursing Home, 22, Corfton Road, Ealing, London, W.5.
- 10. Park View Clinic, 87, Mattock Lane, Ealing, London, W.5 (approval expires 31st March, 1971).
- 11. H.R.H. Princess Christian's Nursing Home, 12, Clarence Road, Windsor.
- 12. Slough Nuffield Nursing Home, Wexham Street, Slough.
- 13. Woking Nuffield Nursing Home, Shores Road, Woking.
- 14. New Victoria Hospital, 184, Coombe Lane West, Kingston upon Thames.
- 15. Royal Masonic Hospital, Ravenscourt Park, London, W.6.
- 16. Richmond Private Clinic and Nursing Home, 15, Rosslyn Road, East Twickenham, Middlesex (approval expires 31st May, 1971).
- 17. The Whitehaven Nursing Home, 34, Wilbury Road, Hove (approval expires 31st March, 1971).
- 18. Dolygaer Nursing Home, 14, New Church Road, Hove.
- 19. Victoria House, Victoria Street, Rochester.
- 20. Tunbridge Wells Nuffield Nursing Home, Kingswood Road, Tunbridge Wells.
- 21. Hythe Nursing Home, 91, North Road, Hythe.
- 22. Folkestone Private Clinic, 19, Grimston Gardens, Folkestone.
- 23. The New Cross Nursing Home, 415, New Cross Road, London, S.E.14.
- 24. The Park Clinic, 14, Seagry Road, London, E.11 (approval expires 31st March. 1971).
- 25. Colchester Nursing Home, 15–25, Oaks Drive, Colchester.
- 26. Brentwood Nuffield Nursing Home, Shenfield Road, Brentwood, Essex.
- 27. St. George's Nursing and Convalescent Home, Whitby Road, Milford-on-Sea, Hants.
- 28. Strathallan Nursing Home, Owls Road, Boscombe, Hants.
- 29. Ophir Lodge Nursing Home, 25, Ophir Road, Bournemouth, Hants (approval expires 31st March, 1971).
- 30. The Acland Home, Banbury Road, Oxford.
- 31. Lansdown Nursing Home, Lansdown Grove, Bath Somerset.
- 32. Chesterfield Nursing Home, Clifton Hill, Bristol, 8.
- 33. Exeter Nuffield Nursing Home, Wonford Road, Exeter.
- 34. The Torbay Clinic, St. Luke's Road South, Torquay.
- 35. The Imperial Nursing Home, Montpellier Parade, Cheltenham.
- 36. Evelyn Nursing Home, Trumpington Road, Cambridge.
- 37. Ipswich Surgical Home, 57, Fonnereau Road, Ipswich, Suffolk.
- 38. River Park Nursing Home Ltd., Black-down, Leamington Spa.
- 39. Edgbaston Nursing Home, 22, Somerset Road, Birmingham, 15.
- 40. Calthorpe Nursing Home Ltd., 4, Arthur Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, 15.
- 41. Robert Nursing Home, 162, Station Road, Kings Norton, Birmingham, 30.
- 42. Salop Nuffield Nursing Home, Longden Road, Shrewsbury.
- 43. Longcroft Nursing Home, Bradgate Road, Altrincham.
- 44. St. Wilfrid's Nursing Home, 51 Bawtry Road, Bessecarr, Doncaster, Yorks.
- 45. The Leicester Clinic, Scraptoft Lane, Leicester (approval expires 31st March, 1971).
- 46. Huddersfield Nuffield Nursing Home, Birkby Hall Road, Huddersfield.
- 47. Duchy House Nursing Home, Queen's Road, Harrogate.
- 48. Belvedere Nursing Home, Belvedere Road, Scarborough.
- 49. Hull Nuffield Nursing Home, West-bourne Avenue, Hull, Yorks.
- 50. Northern Hospital, 1A, Osborne Avenue, Newcastle upon Tyne, 2.