HC Deb 02 August 1971 vol 822 cc241-2W
Mr. Alexander Wilson

asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will ask each local authority to include specially built houses for disabled persons in each scheme started, after a census of need has been carried out.

Mr. Gordon Campbell

It is for each housing authority to assess the local need for houses for the disabled, but I have drawn to the attention of these authorities the Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act, 1970, and have also reminded them that social work authorities have power to contribute to expenditure incurred in providing accommodation for the handicapped.