§ 34. Mr. Bruce-Gardyne
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department when he next plans to visit Scotland to hold discussions about the progress of the experiment with British Standard Time.
§ Mr. Merlyn Rees
The review of British Standard Time to be held in the Spring of 1970 will take full account of the views held in Scotland.
§ 37. Mr. Bruce-Gardyne
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department what further representations he has received asking him to end the British Standard Time experiment.
§ Mr. Merlyn Rees
I have nothing to add to the reply which I gave to a Question by the hon. Member for Hamilton (Mrs. Ewing) on 6th February.—[Vol. 777, c. 152.]
§ 47. Mr. Hector Hughes
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department which authorities and experts he has consulted about the experiment with British Standard Time; and with what results.
§ Mr. Merlyn Rees
I will, with permission, circulate in the OFFICIAL REPORT a list of the organisations which were consulted or which volunteered views before British Standard Time was introduced.
They showed a clear preponderance in favour of the change.
Following is the list:
- Agricultural Section of Transport&General Workers Union.
- Agricultural Section of Transport& General Workers Union (Scotland).
- Area Gas Boards (12).
- Association of British Chambers of Commerce.
- Association of County Councils (Scotland).
- Association of Chief Police Officers of England and Wales.
- Association of Directors of Education in Scotland.
- Association of Education Committees.
- Association of Headmistresses (Scotland).
- Association of Municipal Corporations.
- Association of Principals of Technical Institutions.
- Association of Teachers in Colleges and Departments of Education.
- Association of Technical Institutions.
- Association of Teachers in Technical Institutions.
- British Airports Authority.
- British European Airways.
- British Independent Air Transport Association.
- British Medical Association.
- British National Export Council.
- British Overseas Airways Corporation.
- British Rail.
- British Transport Docks Board.
- British Travel Association.
- British United Airways.
- Central Council of Physical Recreation.
- Central Electricity Generating Board.
- Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis.
- Confederation of British Industry.
- Consumer Council.
- County Councils Association.
- Convention of Royal Burghs (Scotland).
- District Councils' Association for Scotland.
- Educational Institute of Scotland.
- Federated Quarry Owners of Great Britain.
- Federation of Associations of Civil Engineering Contractors.
- Federation of Specialists and Sub-Contractors.
- Football Association.
- Football Association of Wales.
- Football League.
- Greater London Council.
- Headmasters Association of Scotland.
- Inner London Education Committee.
- Joint Four Secondary School Associations.
- Joint Turf Authorities.
- London Commodity Exchange.
- Multiple Shops Federation.
- National Association of Headteachers.
- National Association of Schoolmasters.
- National Coal Board.
- National Farmers Union.
- National Farmers Union of Scotland.
- National Federation of Building Trade Employers.
- National Federation of Building Trade Operatives.
- National Union of Agricultural Workers.
- National Union of Teachers.
- National Union of Townswomen's Guilds (Scotland).
- Road Research Laboratory.
- Rugby Football League.
- Rural District Councils Association.
- Scottish Council of Physical Recreation.
- Scottish Counties of Cities Association.
- Scottish Football Association.
- Scottish Football League.
- Scottish Landowners Federation.
- Scottish Office of the Confederation of British Industry.
- Scottish Schoolmasters Association.
- Scottish Secondary Teachers Association.
- Scottish Tourist Board.
- Scottish Trades Union Congress.
- Scottish Women's Rural Institutes.
- Sports Council.
- Trades Union Congress.
- Urban District Councils Association.
- Welsh Joint Education Committee.
- Winter Building Advisory Committee.
- Women's Royal Voluntary Service.
- Women's Royal Voluntary Service (Scotland).
§ 64. Mr. Wingfield Digby
asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many representations about 355W British Standard Time he has received from rural district councils.