§ Mr. Gwynfor Evans
asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer (1) if he will publish the total sum of capital transfers by way of grants to public corporations, analysed between the writing off of debts and other transfers, made in 1967 for England, Scotland and Wales, respectively.
(2) if he will publish the total capital account grants to local authorities in England, Scotland and Wales, respectively, analysed between war damage compensation and other expenditure, for the years 1960 to 1967, respectively.
(3) what was Government current account expenditure on police and prisons in Wales, Scotland and England, respectively, in 1967.
(4) what expenditure on current account was incurred by the Government in 1967 on nationalised transport undertakings and other transport and communications, respectively, in England, Scotland and Wales, respectively.
(5) what expenditure the Government incurred on current account on all subsidies in Wales, Scotland and England, respectively, in 1967;
(6) what sum was spent in 1967 by the Government in England, Scotland and Wales, respectively, on records, registrations and surveys;238W
(7) what Government expenditure was incurred on current account in 1967 on Parliament and law courts in England, Scotland and Wales, respectively;
(8) what current account expenditure the Government incurred in Wales, Scotland and England, respectively, on agriculture, fishing and food, including subsidies, in 1967;
(9) if he will state Government current account expenditure in 1967 in Wales, Scotland and England, respectively, on social security benefits;
(10) what was the Government current account expenditure in England, Scotland and Wales, respectively, in 1967 or the latest available year on post-war credits, educational scholarships and maintenance allowances, grants to universities and colleges, educational grants to private non-profit-making bodies, child-care grants, milk and welfare foods grants, National Insurance payments, war pensions and service grants, non-contributory pensions, supplementary benefits, family allowances, employment service grants, total current grants to personal sectors, and total grants to local authorities, respectively;
(11) if he will publish the payments made from the Government's capital account during the latest year for which the figures are available on military defence, civil defence, roads, civil aerodromes, post offices, the sector defined as other industry and trade, research, agriculture including forestry and food, the National Health Service, police and prisons, and other services, respectively, in England, Scotland and Wales, respectively;
(12) what sums are involved in transactions in financial assets in the Government Capital Account by way of net lending to private sector industry and trade, building societies, housing associations, the private sector in total, local authorities, public corporations for writing off loans, public corporation transfer of liability stock, and the public sector in total, respectively, for 1967 or the latest available year in England, Scotland and Wales, respectively.
§ Mr. Diamond
Most of the information asked for in these Questions is not separately available for England, Scotland 239W and Wales. Expenditure in 1966–67 on these items for which separate informa-
England Scotland £ million Wales 1. Capital expenditure by central government Roads … … … … 135.8 24.5 13.1 Housing … … … … 1.4 0.6 0.3 Environmental Services … … … … 12.3 2.1 1.1 149.5 27.2 14.5 of which grants and loans to local authorities Roads … … … … 43.1 8.9 1.7 Housing … … … … 0.1 — — Environmental Services … … … … 12.2 2.1 1.1 2. Capital expenditure bv local authorities Roads … … … … 89.4 17.0 3.5 Housing … … … … 610.3 88.7 37.0 Environmental Services … … … … 207.1 30.5 13.6 906.8 136.2 54.1 3. Capital expenditure by New Towns and public corporations other than the nationalised industries New Towns expenditure Housing … … … … 25.3 18.1 2.2 Environmental Services … … … … 12.5 4.1 1.1 Other public corporations Housing … … … … 11.0 0.1 0.2 4.Payments of post-war credits … … … … 14.7 1.4 0.6 Capital expenditure by the nationalised industries The latest available figures of capital expenditure by the nationalised power industries in England, Scotland and Wales are given in the 1966 Ministry of Power Statistical Digest. Similar information for the other nationalised industries is not available.