§ Mr. David Price
asked the Minister of Technology if he will give details of those projects in which the National Research Development Corporation is encouraging the development of automation by introducing risk-saving agreements with private companies.35W
§ Mr. Benn
N.R.D.C. is providing some support for the following projects in the field of automation: —
- (i) A number of projects with Elliott Automation for the installation of automatic plant in various industries; arrangements concluded so far relate to the Wolvercote Paper Mill and plant in a Distillers Co. factory. Three or four other projects are under consideration.
- (ii) A joint programme with I.C.T. for research and development on office automation.
- (iii) Automatic Spinning Project with the Shirley Institute.
- (iv) Automatic Racking Machine for Laundries with Short Bros. and Harland, Belfast.
- (v) Automatic Foundry Plant with Henry Wallwork & Co. Ltd.
- (vi) Hoverkiln with Shelley Electric Furnaces Ltd.
- (vii) Photo-typesetter with Purdie McIntosh (Electronic Developments) Ltd.
- (viii) Numerically Controlled Lathe with B.S.A. Tools Ltd.