§ Mr. Wingfield Digby
asked the Minister of Transport, what major road improvements in the South-West are being delayed by the Government's reductions in capital expenditure.
§ Mr. Tom Fraser
Schemes which were being planned to begin in the period up to January, 1966 but which have been deferred for six months are shown below. No decision has yet been taken on schemes due to start after January, 1966.
Trunk Road Schemes
- A.38 Blue Linhay Hill to East of Caton Cross Ashburton, Devon.
- A.38 Lee Mill to Westover, Ivybridge, Devon.
- A.38 Red Cross Hill to Trehill Lodge, Kenn, Devon.
- A.38 Drumbridge to Chudleigh Knighton Bridge, Devon.
- A.38 Ashburton By-Pass (Part), Devon.
- A.38 Beare Diversion, Devon.
- A.38 Willand Moor Diversion, Devon.
- A.38 Cutwell Cross to Carew Arms, Ugborough, Devon.
- A.31 Tricketts Cross to Hampshire County Boundary, Dorset.
- A.35 Penn Improvement, Dorset.
- A.303 Cartgate Bridge, Somerset.
Classified Road Schemes
- A.358 Bishops Lydeard By-Pass, Somerset.
- A.30 Yeovil—Sherborne (Stage IV) (Luscombe Cross to Babylon Hill). Dorset.