§ 88. Mr. Grimond
asked the Secretary of State for War when the Near East Land Forces Command Headquarters in Cyprus was closed; when the building was begun; when it was finished; and how much was spent on it.
§ Mr. Profumo
Near East Land Forces Command Headquarters was closed on 8th December, 1962. Construction of the Command Headquarters was begun in 1954 and completed early in 1957. The cost was about £350,000. The buildings will continue to be used.