§ 5. Mr. Kimball
asked the Minister of Housing and Local Government and Minister for Welsh Affairs how many public inquiries were held by his Department in 1960; and in how many of these he decided in favour of the reports submitted to him by his inspectors.
§ Sir K. Joseph
About 6,500 public inquiries were held in 1960 and my right hon. Friend accepted his inspectors' recommendation in about 93 per cent. of the cases decided. The remaining 7 per cent. includes cases where he differed from the inspector only in matters of detail.