§ Mr. J. Johnson
asked the Secretary of State for the Colonies what qualifications are required for the post of Senior Examiner in charge of the Customs Testing Laboratory of Mauritius.
§ Mr. Lennox-Boyd
The post is not one of those which my Department is normally asked to fill, and I am asking the Governor to confirm that there has278W been no change in the qualifications required since 1956, when I was last consulted about it.
The qualifications then required were:
- 1. A good knowledge of Customs Tariff Ordinance and Regulations.
- 2. Knowledge of valuation.
- 3. Experience in examination and classification of goods and assessment of duty.
- 4. Ability to verify documents relating to goods.
- 5. Proficiency in calculating conversions, weights, measures and duties.