§ Mr. George Darling
asked the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food if he will publish in the OFFICIAL REPORT a list of the subsidies to be paid in the current financial year to farmers to improve land fertility, encourage production and improve qualities of farm produce.
The subsidies to be paid to farmers for these purposes in the current financial year are as follows:
- (1) General fertiliser subsidy.
- (2) Lime subsidy.
- (3) Grants for ploughing up grassland.
- (4) Field drainage and water supply grants.
- (5) Grants for the improvement of livestock rearing land.
- (6) Marginal production assistance grants.
- (7) Bonus payments under the Tuberculosis (Attested Herds) Scheme, 1950.
- (8) Grants for the improvement of livestock breeding.
- (9) Calf subsidy.
- (10) Hill sheep and hill cattle subsidies.
- (11) Payments in implementation of agricultural price guarantees:
- (a) Cereals:—
- Wheat and rye.
- Oats and mixed corn.
(b) Eggs. (c) Fatstock:—
(d) Milk. (e) Wool. (f) Potatoes.