§ Mr. Sylvester
asked the Minister of Fuel and Power whether he is now in a position to announce further appointments to membership of the Area Electricity Boards.
§ Mr. Gaitskell
Yes. I have made the following further part-time appointments since my previous announcement on 31st December:
- South Eastern Area Board: Sir Merrik Burrell, Sir John Dalton, Mr. W. J. Oswald.
- Southern Area Board: Lieut.-Colonel Edward L. Luce, Mr. A. Lockwood, Mr. W. H. Lawson.
- South Western Area Board: Mr. A. N. Irens. Mr. G. Johnstone, Mr. Stanley H. Payne.
- Eastern Area Board: Mr. W. J. Bennett, Mr. W. Newcome-Baker, Sir Cecil Oakes.
- East Midland Area Board: Alderman Minto, Mr. L. L. Perkins.
- Midland Area Board: Mr. C. R. Heathcock Mr. J. McDowall.
- South Wales Area Board: Mr. L. Parsons.
- Merseyside and North Wales Area Board: Councillor H Evans.
- Yorkshire Area Board.: Alderman J. H Bingham, Mr. R. E. Crowe, Councillor H. Fairbotham.
- North Eastern Area Board: Colonel E. G Angus, Alderman C. F. Sanderson.
- North Western Area Board: Alderman J. R. Potts, Mr. E. J. Smith.
- South East Scotland Area Board: Baillie J. M. Airlie, Mr. Robert Watson McCrone.
- South West Scotland Area Board: Mr. J. Sullivan.