§ Sir E. Graham-Little
asked the Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Food the names of the members of the scientific advisers' division of his Ministry; the date of their appointment; their business associations, whether past or present; and the names of the members of the Scientific Committee on Food Policy?
§ Mr. Mabane
The names of the members of the Scientific Adviser's staff and the date of their appointment are as follow:
Name and Date of Appointment
- Dr. J. C. Drummond—25th September, 1939.
- Dr. T. Moran—24th June, 1940.
- Dr. J. Barker—9th April, 1941.
- Dr. C. S. Hanes—16th June, 1942.
mended for prosecution by the Cinematograph Films Council were, respectively, 8, 9 and 79. In 5, 3 and 4 cases, respectively, prosecutions were undertaken, and I append a statement showing the results.
- Dr. M. Pyke—15th September, 1941.
- Dr. S. H. Edgar—1st July, 1942.
- L. G. H. Barton—10th February, 1941.
- Dr. J. Pace—2nd December, 1940.
- Dr. A. P. Platt—25th June, 1940.
Before replying to the third part of my hon. Friend's Question, I should be glad if he would indicate what he intends by the phrase "business associations whether past or present."
The names of the members of the Scientific Committee on Food Policy are:
- Sir Henry Dale (Chairman).
- Professor A. W. Ashby.
- Professor E. P. Cathcart.
- Mr. Henry Clay.
- Professor F. L. Engledow.
- Sir W. Gavin.
- Sir Edward Mellanby.
- Sir John Boyd Orr.
- Professor J. A. Scott-Watson.
- Professor D. M. S. Watson.