§ Mr. CLYNES
During the year ended 30th June, 1930, 45 police telephone call-boxes have been installed in the Metropolitan Police District, distributed in the following districts—Wood Green, Muswell Hill, Southgate, Richmond, Barnes, Kew and Becontree. Within the next few weeks another 15 boxes will be ready for use in the Wimbledon and Malden districts. The telephone installed in each of the boxes is connected by direct line to a police station and is accessible to the public free of charge. At each such station motor transport is available so that prompt response is given when the services of police are required. The telephone boxes form a part of a system which it is proposed to apply throughout the whole Metropolitan Police District. One of the main objects is to provide the public with definite and easy facilities for communicating with the police, with the assurance that police assistance will be readily forthcoming when needed.