§ Sir A. KNOX
asked the Postmaster-General what percentage of the Post Office vans purchased last year, or ordered this year, were in all respects British?
§ Sir W. MITCHELL-THOMSON
In the last financial year, the vans of British manufacture consisting wholly of British-made parts purchased by the Post Office represented about 38 per cent. of the total value purchased. The remaining 62 per cent. consisted of vans of British manufacture but containing foreign parts to the extent of 3 per cent. of their value. For the present financial year, the corresponding percentages are 67 and 33 respectively.