§ Mr. CLOUGH
asked the Secretary to the Admiralty whether he can state the 1374W rates of pay and their appointments of Members of Parliament serving in the Navy?
§ Dr. MACNAMARA
The following Members of Parliament are serving in naval appointments, with pay as shown:
- Temporary Surgeon-General Sir W. Watson Cheyne, Baronet, K.C.M.G., C.B., R.N., Consultant, Royal Naval Hospital, Chatham.—Salary and house allowance, £1,370.
- Acting Commander B. M. Eyres-Monsell, R.N., Commanding Officer of a Gunboat.—Naval pay and allowances, £616.
- Acting Captain I. H. Benn, D.S.O., R.N.V.R., Commanding Officer of a Motor Launch.—Naval pay and allowances, £613.
- Acting Commander H. J. Craig, R.N.V.R., Commander-Instructor, Tyneside Division, R.N.V.R.—Naval pay and allowances, £504.
- Lieutenant-Commander E. Hilton Young, D.S.O., R.N.V.R., Serving afloat in a Cruiser.—Naval pay and allowances, £219.
- Lieutenant-Commander N. C. Craig, R.N.V.R., H.M.S. "President," for service under Director of Naval Intelligence. Naval pay and allowances, £303.
In addition, Lieutenant-Colonel L. O. Wilson, C.M.G., D.S.O., R.M., is temporarily lent for duty under the Secretary of the War Cabinet, with Marine pay and allowances of £586, and Acting-Commander O. Locker-Lampson, C.M.G., R.N.V.R. (lately serving in command of armoured oars in Russia), is temporarily lent to the Ministry of Information, with naval pay and allowances of £504.