§ Colonel GREIG
asked the Secretary of State for War if he will give the names and periods of tenure of office of the commanders-in-chief or inspectors-general, as the case may be, of the British Army between the years 1900 to 1913, both inclusive?1655W
§ Colonel SEELY
The information is as follows:—
- Field-Marshal the Rt. Hon. Viscount Wolseley, 1st November, 1895, to 30th November, 1900.
- Field-Marshal the Rt. Hon. Earl Roberts, 3rd January, 1901, to 11th February, 1904.
Inspectors-General of the Forces.
- Field-Marshal H.R.H. the Duke of Connaught, 1st May, 1904, to 20th December, 1907.
- General Sir J. D. P. French, 21st December, 1907 to 29th February, 1912.
- General Sir I. S. M. Hamilton (Oversea), 1st August, 1910, to date.
- General Sir C. W. H. Douglas (Home), 1st March, 1912, to date.