§ (1) An individual may apply to the registrar to be added to a group registration—
- (a) as an additional registered individual, or
- (b) in substitution for an individual registered.
§ (2) The applicant must be at least 16 years of age.
§ (3) An application under this section must—
- (a) be in the prescribed form,
- (b) contain the prescribed information,
- (c) be accompanied by the prescribed documents (if any), and
- (d) he accompanied by the prescribed fee.
§ (4) An application under this section must be accompanied by the written consent of more than half of the individuals registered under the group registration.
§ (5) In the case of an application to replace an individual the consents under subsection (4) must include his consent.
§ (6) The registrar shall grant an application under this section unless he thinks that the applicant is not a fit and proper person to be registered by reason of—
- (a) a conviction for an offence under this Act,
- (b) a conviction for an offence under the Protection of Animals Act 1911 (c. 27),
- (c) a conviction for an offence under the Protection of Animals (Scotland) Act 1912 (c. 14),
- (d) a conviction for an offence under section 2 of the Protection of Badgers Act 1992 (c. 51),
- (e) a conviction for an offence under the Wild Mammals (Protection) Act 1996 (c. 3),
- (f) a conviction for an offence under the Protection of Wild Mammals (Scotland) Act 2002 (asp 6), or
- (g) matters relating to the cancellation of the applicant's registration or his removal from a group registration.
§ (7) An addition to or substitution in a group registration shall not affect the duration of the registration.
§ (8) Where an application under this section to add an individual to a group registration is refused no new application may be made to add the individual to a group registration during the period of six months beginning with the date of the refusal.
§ (9) But the registrar may permit an application despite subsection (8) by reason of a material change of circumstances.
§ (10) In this section "prescribed" means prescribed by regulations made by the Secretary of State."
§ On Question, amendments agreed to.
§ Lord Mancroft moved Amendment No. 41:
§ After Clause 5, insert the following new clause—