§ (1) Any of the prescribed animal welfare bodies may apply to the registrar for a registration to be cancelled, or for an individual to be removed from a group registration, on the grounds that—
- (a) a condition of the registration has been breached, or
- (b) the tests specified in section (Tests for registration: utility and least suffering) are no longer satisfied in respect of the hunting to which the registration relates.
§ (2) The occupier of land, or in the case of unoccupied land a person to whom it belongs, may apply to the registrar for a registration to be cancelled, or for an individual to be removed from a group registration, on the grounds that trespass to the land has been committed in the course of hunting carried out in reliance on the registration.
§ (3) An application under this section must—
- (a) be in the prescribed form,
- (b) contain the prescribed information,
- (c) be accompanied by the prescribed documents (if any), and
- (d) be accompanied by the prescribed fee.
§ (4) On an application under this section the following are entitled to make written representations to the registrar—
- (a) the applicant.
- (b) the relevant registered individual or individuals, and
- (c) in the case of an application under subsection (2), any person to whom the land belongs.
§ (5) For the purposes of an application under this section the registrar may require the production of a record made pursuant to section (Automatic conditions of group registration)(5).
§ (6) On an application under this section the registrar may—
- (a) cancel a registration or remove an individual from a group registration (whether on the grounds alleged in the application, on grounds that could have been alleged or on the grounds that a record required under subsection (5) was not produced);
- (b) with the consent of the individual or individuals registered, vary the conditions of registration.
§ (7) An application under subsection (2) is without prejudice to a person's right to seek another remedy in respect of trespass.
§ (8) In this section "prescribed" means prescribed by regulations made by the Secretary of State."
§ After Clause 5, insert the following new clause—