§ (1) Group registration is subject to the conditions specified in this section.
§ (2) The first condition is that in the course of hunting carried out in reliance on the registration reasonable steps are taken to ensure—
- (a) that any wild mammal injured or captured is killed quickly and humanely,
- (b) that any wild mammal shot in accordance with paragraph (a) is shot by a competent person, and
- (c) that hunting is carried out on land only with the prior permission of the occupier of the land or, in the case of unoccupied land, a person to whom it belongs.
§ (3) The second condition is that any inspector appointed by a prescribed animal welfare body is permitted on request to accompany individuals hunting in reliance on the registration for the purpose of inspecting their hunting.
§ (4) The third condition is that there is insurance in place in respect of loss or damage caused to persons other than those registered in the course of hunting in reliance on the registration.
§ (5) The fourth condition is that—
- (a) on each occasion on which hunting is carried out in reliance on the registration a record is made of the identity of each individual (whether registered or not) who participates in the hunt, and
- (b) a record made under paragraph (a) is retained throughout the duration of the registration.
§ (6) The fifth condition is that reasonable steps are taken to exclude from participation in hunting carried out in reliance on the registration any individual whom any of the registered individuals knows or suspects—
- (a) to have had his registration under this Part cancelled, or to have been removed from a group registration, within the previous period of three years,
- (b) to be subject to a disqualification order under section (Disqualification for registration), or
- (c) to have been convicted of an offence under this Act, the Protection of Animals Act 1911 (c. 27), the Protection of Animals (Scotland) Act 1912 (c. 14), the Wild Mammals (Protection) Act 1996 (c. 3), the Protection of Wild Mammals (Scotland) Act 2002 (asp 6), or under section 2 of the Protection of Badgers Act 1992 (c. 51).
§ After Clause 5, insert the following new clause—