§ (" .—(1) For the purpose of the provision in Wales of services mentioned in subsection (2), any of the persons or bodies mentioned in subsection (3) may supply information about a young person—
- (a) to a local authority;
- (b) to any other person or body involved in the provision of the services.
§ (2) The services are—
- (a) services provided in pursuance of section (Provision of services) of this Act,
- (b) services provided in pursuance of any of sections 2, 8, 9 and 10 of the Employment and Training Act 1973 (training and careers services), and
- (c) services wholly or partly funded in pursuance of section 12 of the Industrial Development Act 1982 (careers in industry).
§ (3) The persons and bodies are—
- (a) a local authority,
- (b) a Health Authority,
- (c) the National Council for Education and Training for Wales,
- (d) a chief officer of police,
- (e) a probation committee, and
- (f) a youth offending team.")
- (a) the duties and powers referred to in those sections included duties imposed and powers conferred by virtue of this section, and
- (b) in relation to those duties and powers, the bodies to which those sections apply included the governing body of a relevant school, the governing body (within the meaning given by section 90(1) of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992) of a further education institution and an appropriate body for the purposes of subsection (2)."").
§ 171 Clause 114, page 52, line 45, leave out ("and")
172 Page 53, line 2, at end insert (", and
( ) who is receiving, or in the Secretary of State's opinion is likely to receive, post-16 education or training (within the meaning of Part I of this Act) or higher education (within the meaning of the Education Reform Act 1988).")
173 Page 53, line 10, leave out subsection (6) and insert—
("(6) In its application to Wales this section shall have effect with the following modifications (in addition to those specified in section (Wales)—
§ ("(a) the reference to Part I of this Act shall be construed as a reference to Part II, and
§ (b) the reference to section 13 shall be construed as a reference to section 41.")
§ 174 After Clause 114, insert the following new clause—