§ (" .—(1) This section applies where a service is inspected pursuant to a request under section (Inspection)(1)(c) or in accordance with section (Inspection)(1)(d).
- (a) section 6(3)(a) and (b) (right of access), and
- (b) section 42 (computer records).
§ (3) Section 42A of that Act (publication of reports) shall apply.
§ (4) Where the Chief Inspector arranges for the publication of a report of an inspection, the person who provides the inspected service shall—
- (a) prepare a written statement of the action which he proposes to take in the light of the report and the period within which he proposes to take it,
- (b) publish the statement within such period, and in such manner, as may be prescribed by regulations made by the National Assembly for Wales, and
- (c) send copies of the statement to such persons as may be prescribed by regulations made by the National Assembly.
§ (5) Where a local authority provides an inspected service, or secures or participates in the provision of an inspected service, the authority—
- (a) shall ensure that the action specified in any statement prepared under subsection (4)(a) is sufficient to remedy any weakness mentioned in the report, and
- (b) shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that the action specified in the statement is taken within the period specified.
§ (6) If the National Assembly consider that a local authority is failing to comply with its duties under subsection (5)—
- (a) the National Assembly may give directions to the local authority about the performance of those duties, and
- (b) the authority shall comply with the directions.")
§ 161 Insert the following new clause: