§ The Chairman of Committees (Lord Aberdare)
My Lords, I beg to move that the 3rd Report from the Select Committee on House of Lords Offices be agreed to.
§ Moved, That the 3rd Report from the Select Committee be agreed to (HL Paper 85).—(The Chairman of Committees.)148
§ Following is the report referred to:
1. Staff of the House
A report from the Staff of the House Sub-Committee was made to the Committee who agreed to:
The Committee also agreed that the post of Internal Auditor should be made permanent, and approved provision for a share of the cost of the post.
2. Parliament Office
The Committee were informed that Mr. D. F. Slater has replaced Mr. R. H. Walters as Secretary to the Leader of the House and Government Chief Whip.
3. Refreshment Department
A report from the Sub-Committee was made to the Committee.
The Committee approved a statement of Accounts for the financial year 1988–89.
4. Civil Service Benevolent Fund
A report from the Finance Sub-Committee was made to the Committee who agreed that provision be made for an annual contribution by the House of Lords to the Civil Service Benevolent Fund.
5. Lords Travelling Overseas in a Representative Capacity
A report from the Finance Sub-Committee was made to the Committee who agreed that provision be made to meet the cost of Lords travelling overseas in a representative capacity.
6. Revised Scales of Pay and Allowances
The Committee confirmed the application to staff of the House of Lords of the following Civil Service memoranda: —
- D.E.O. letter dated 1st March 1989 (Pay of Legal Staff at Grades 5 and 6)
- D.E.O. letter dated 31st March 1989 (Local Pay Additions)
- D.E.O. letter dated 11th May 1989 (Grade 4 Pay)
- CM/873 (Pay of Senior Open Structure)
- CM/875 (Pay of I.P.C.S. Grades)
- CM/876 (Pay of Administrative Staff below Grade 7)
- CM/880 (Pay of Clerks at AT and HEO(D) level)
- CM/881 (Pay of Administrative Staff below Grade 7)
- CM/883 (Proficiency Payments and pay of Legal Officers)
- CM/885 (Responsibility Allowances)
- IM/89/2 (Industrial Staff Pay).
7. Official Shorthand Writer
The Committee authorised revised scales of fees for the Shorthand Writer.
8. Hansard Reporting Staff
The Committee authorised scales of charges for the supply agency word processor operators.
The Committee were notified of the following awards made under the House of Lords' Staff Pension Scheme: —
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.