§ THE CHAIRMAN OF COMMITTEES (THE EARL OF LISTOWEL)
My Lords, I beg to move that the Second Report from the Select Committee be now considered.
§ Moved accordingly and, on Question, Motion agreed to.
§ The Committee's Report was as follows:
A Report from the Sub-Committee on the Library for the year 1968 was laid before the Committee.
2. PROPOSED WORKING PARTY ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE HOUSE OF LORDS, THE CIVIL SERVICE DEPARTMENTS AND THE TREASURY
The Committee were informed of the proposal of the Chancellor of the Exchequer that a Working Party should be set up to study the relationship between the House of Lords, the new Civil Service Department and the Treasury. The Committee agreed to set up a Working Party.
3. PARLIAMENT OFFICE AND LIBRARY
The Clerk of the Parliaments informed the Committee of a review of the following posts in the Parliament Office and Library:—
The Committee authorised the scales of salary consequent upon the revised grading of these posts.
The Committee authorised the temporary employment of a shorthand typist in the Parliament Office when required by the Clerk of the Parliaments.
§ 4. HANSARD REPORTING STAFF
- (a) The Committee reviewed the Agreement with Haynes Secretarial Services for the sup-
1368 ply of typists for the reporting of Debates and approved an increase in their charges.
- (b) The Committee sanctioned the application to temporary Reporters of the revised attendance fee as set out in the Appendix to D.E.O. letter of the 11th March, 1969, and revised attendance fees to Permanent and Temporary Reporters when the House of Lords sits after 10.30 p.m., with effect from the 1st November, 1968.
5. OFFICIAL SHORTHAND WRITER
The Committee approved an increase in the scale of fees and the annual retaining fee for the official Shorthand Writer with effect from the 1st November, 1968.
The Committee authorised the appointment of an additional Doorkeeper for duties at Judicial sittings from the 1st October, 1969.
The Committee authorised improved revised scales of salary under D.E.O. (68) (Pay) No. 20 to the Doorkeepers with effect from the 1st January, 1969.
7. MEAL ALLOWANCES
The Committee approved an increase in the rate of meal allowance payable to certain officials working late in the evening after a normal day's duty.
8. SUPPLEMENTARY ESTIMATE 1968–69
The Committee approved the presentation of a Supplementary Estimate for the year 1968–69.
9. SUPERANNUATION AWARDS
The Committee sanctioned the payment of the following awards under the Superannuation Act 1965:—
§ THE EARL OF LISTOWEL: My Lords, I beg to move that the Report be agreed to.
§ Moved, That the Report be agreed to.— (The Earl of Listowel.)
§ On Question, Motion agreed to.