§ 5.30 p.m.
§ The following Bills and Measures received the Royal Assent:
- Occasional Licenses and Young Persons,
- Local Government Elections,
- Magistrates' Courts (Appeals from Binding Over Orders),
- Small Lotteries and Gaming,
- Administration of Justice,
- National Insurance,
- Agriculture (Safety, Health and Welfare Provisions),
- Family Allowances and National Insurance,
- Workmen's Compensation and Benefit (Supplementation),
- Clean Air,
- Teachers (Superannuation),
- Charity of Frances Barker and certain other Charities (City of York),
- Consolidated Municipal Charity and certain other Charities (Ludlow),
- Hospital of Robert Earl of Leicester Charity (Warwick),
- Sutton's Hospital (Charterhouse) Charity,
- Advocates' Widows' Fund Order Confirmation,
- Glasgow Corporation Order Confirmation,
- Dover Corporation,
- Bristol Corporation,
- North-East Surrey Crematorium Board,
- London County Council (Money),
- Bournemouth-Swanage Motor Road and Ferry,
- Bedford Corporation,
- Scottish Union and National Insurance Company,
- Tyne Tunnel,
- People's Dispensary for Sick Animals,
- London Necropolis,
- Representation of the Laity Measure, 1956,
- Parochial Church Councils (Powers) Measure, 1956.
§ House adjourned during pleasure.
§ House resumed.