HC Deb 04 April 2001 vol 366 c394
- 12.—(1) The Speaker shall put forthwith the Question on any Motion made by a Minister of the Crown for the appointment, nomination and quorum of a Committee to draw up Reasons in relation to the Election Publications Bill [Lords] and the appointment of its Chairman.
- (2) A Committee appointed to draw up Reasons shall report before the conclusion of the sitting at which it is appointed.
- (3) Proceedings in the Committee shall, if not previously brought to a conclusion, be brought to a conclusion 30 minutes after their commencement.
- (4) For the purpose of bringing any proceedings to a conclusion in accordance with sub-paragraph (3) the Chairman shall—
- (a) first put forthwith any Question which has been proposed from the Chair but not yet decided, and
- (b) then put forthwith successively Questions on motions which may be made by a Minister of the Crown for assigning a Reason for disagreeing with the Lords in any of their Amendments.
- (5) The proceedings of the Committee shall be reported without any further Question being put.