§ (1) This order applies if a Bill is subject to a programme order which makes provision for proceedings in Committee of the whole House or on consideration and third reading.210
§ (2) There is to be a Committee for the Bill consisting of—
- (a) the Chairman of Ways and Means (who is to be chairman of the Committee); and
- (b) not more than eight other Members, nominated by the Speaker.
§ (3) The Committee is to be called the Programming Committee.
§ (4) The quorum of the Programming Committee is four.
§ (5) The Programming Committee shall—
- (a) consider the allocation of periods of time to such of the proceedings in Committee of the whole House (or on consideration and third reading) as it thinks appropriate to designate; and
- (b) report any resolution which it makes to the House.
§ (6) On a motion being made in the House in the terms of a resolution of the Programming Committee, any question necessary to dispose of proceedings on the motion shall be put not later than half an hour after the commencement of those proceedings.
§ (7) If such a motion is agreed to, its provisions shall have effect as if they were included in the programme order for the Bill.
§ (8) Proceedings on a motion made under paragraph (6) may be entered upon and decided, though opposed, at any hour.
§ (9) Resolutions of the Programming Committee—
- (a) may be reported from time to time; and
- (b) subject to the powers of the Speaker or Chairman to select the amendments, new clauses and new schedules to be proposed, may include alterations in the order in which designated proceedings on the Bill are to be taken.