§ 15.—(l) The provisions mentioned in sub-paragraph (2) below are to apply in relation to the exercise by the Competition Commission of their functions under paragraphs 13 and 14 above as if—
- (a) in section 82(1) and (2) of the 1973 Act references to a report of the Competition Commission under that Act were references to a notice under paragraph 13(4) or 14(3) above;
- (b) in section 85 of that Act references to an investigation on a reference made to the Competition Commission were references to an investigation by the Competition Commission for the purposes of the exercise of their functions under those paragraphs; and
- (c) in section 93B of that Act references to the functions of the Competition Commission under that Act were references to their functions under those paragraphs.
§ (2) The provisions are—
- (a) sections 82(1) and (2) (general provisions as to reports), 85 (attendance of witnesses and production of documents) and 93B (false or misleading information) of the 1973 Act;
- (b) Part II of Schedule 7 to the Competition Act 1998 (performance of the Competition Commission's general functions); and
- (c) section 24 of the 1980 Act (modification of provisions about performance of such functions).
§ (3) For the purpose of assisting the Competition Commission in exercising their functions under paragraphs 13 and 14 above, the Regulator shall give to the Competition Commission any information in his possession which relates to matters relevant to the exercise of those functions and—
- (a) is requested by the Competition Commission for that purpose; or
- (b) is information which, in his opinion, it would be appropriate for that purpose to give to the Competition Commission without any such request;
§ (4) For the purpose of exercising those functions, the Competition Commission shall take account of any information given to them for that purpose under sub-paragraph (3) above.