§ 16.—(1) This section applies where, at the time when a notice is served on the purchaser under section 11A, 12A, 12B or 12C, he no longer holds the estate or interest that was the subject—matter of the original disposal.
§ (2) In the case of a notice under section 11A (right to information as to terms of disposal, &c.) the purchaser shall, within the period for complying with that notice
- (a) serve notice on the person specified in the notice as the person to whom particulars are to be provided of the name and address of the person to whom he has disposed of that estate or interest ("the subsequent purchaser"), and
- (b) serve on the subsequent purchaser a copy of the notice under section 11A and of the particulars given by him in response to it.
§ (3) In the case of a notice under section 12A. 12B or 12C the purchaser shall forthwith—
- (a) forward the notice to the subsequent purchaser, and
- (b) serve on the nominated person notice of the name and address of the subsequent purchaser.
§ (4) Once the purchaser serves a notice in accordance with subsection (2)(a) or (3)(b), sections 12A to 14 shall, instead of applying to the purchaser, apply to the subsequent purchaser as if he were the transferee under the original disposal.
§ (5) Subsections (1) to (4) have effect, with any necessary modifications, in a case where, instead of disposing of the whole of the estate or interest referred to in subsection (1) to another person, the purchaser has disposed of it in part or in parts to one or more other persons.
§ In such a case, sections 12A to 14–
- (a) apply to the purchaser in relation to any part of that estate or interest retained by him, and
- (b) in relation to any part of that estate or interest disposed of to any other person, apply to that other person instead as if he were (as respects that part) the transferee under the original disposal.
§ Termination of rights against purchasers or subsequent purchasers