§ `—(1) The Commission may give directions to any licence holder requiring him to supply to another licence holder for inclusion in any comparable programme of his any item supplied or originated by the first Commission and the licences between the licence holder and the various licence holders shall contain all such provisions as the Commission think necessary or expedient for ensuring—
- (a) that each licence holder will take all reasonable steps to put himself in a position to comply with any directions which may be given to him under this subsection and, when any such directions have been given to him, to enable the other licence holder to include the item to which the directions relate in any comparable programme of his; and
- (b) that if financial and other arrangements for the supply of any item in respect of which directions have been given under this subsection are not agreed between the two licence holders, or when so agreed do not receive the approval of the Commission required by virtue of subsection (2), the item will be supplied in accordance with such financial and other arrangements as may be determined by the Commission.
§ (2) The contracts between the Commission and the various licence holders shall provide that, where items to be included in the programmes of a licence holder are not originated by that licence holder, the financial and other arrangements between the licence holder and the supplier shall require the approval of the Commission—
- (a) in all cases where the supplier is another licence holder and
- (b) in such other cases as the Commission may from time to time direct;
§ (3) For the purposes of this section two programmes shall be regarded as being comparable if either—
- (a) both are television programmes, or
- (b) both are local sound broadcasts.'.