§ To move the following Clause:—
§ (2) For the purpose of giving effect to any enactment mentioned in that section, rules made under section 144 of that Act may make, in relation to any family proceedings, any provision which—
- (a) falls within subsection (2) of section 93 of the Children Act 1989 (rules of court); and
- (b) may be made in relation to relevant proceedings under section 93 of the Act of 1989.
- (a) in paragraph (b) for the words "three members of the juvenile court panel" there shall be substituted "one member of the juvenile court panel"; and
- (b) after that paragraph there shall be inserted the following paragraph—
(bb) two members chosen, in such manner as may be prescribed by rules made for the purposes of this subsection, from any family panel or combined family panel for the inner London area".
(4) At the end of that section there shall be added the following subsection—
(7) No rules shall be made under subsection (3)(bb) above except on the advice of, or after consultation with, the rule committee established under section 144 of the Magistrates' Courts Act 1980.
§ (5) In section 37(1)(a) of that Act (justices' clerks) after the words "juvenile courts" there shall be inserted "and family proceedings courts".'.—[The Solicitor-General.]
§ Brought up, read the First and Second time, and added to the Bill.