§ 9. For the purposes of enabling the Law Society to issue certificates under Part I of the Financial Services Act 1986 (regulation of investment business) to any multi-national partnership or to any recognised body managed or controlled by solicitors and one or more registered foreign lawyers—
- (a) the Society shall be taken to be the appropriate professional body for that purpose;
- (b) the registered foreign lawyer concerned shall be treated—
- (i) as if he were a member of the Society; and
- (ii) as if he were a solicitor for the purposes of paragraph 2(3) of Schedule 3 to the Act of 1986 (requirements for recognition of professional body); and
- (c) Part I of that Act shall have effect subject to any modifications which the Secretary of State sees fit to make by order under this paragraph with a view to enabling certificates to be issued to such partnerships or such recognised bodies.