§ Mr. Moore
I beg to move amendment No. 1, in page 36, line 20, leave out 'receipts from existing contracts and insert 'qualifying tariff receipts'.
I apologise for delaying the efficient dispatch of business, but the amendment corrects a drafting error in the Bill. As printed, schedule 3, paragraph 3 would have no application at all because it says that sub-paragraph 1 applies paragraph 3 to cases where there are receipts "from existing contracts"—line 20—andsome are receipts from existing contracts and some are not".The first reference to "existing contracts" should have been to "qualifying tariff receipts". The amendment corrects the defect. It makes it clear that paragraph 3 is to apply in cases where some of the "qualifying tariff receipts" are from existing contracts and some are not.
341 My hon. Friend the Member for Bedfordshire, North (Mr. Skeet) naturally spotted the error and I thank him for his assistance.
- Amendment agreed to.
- Schedule 3, as amended, agreed to.
- Schedules 4 to 6 agreed to.
- Bill reported, with amendment; as amended, considered.
- Question, That the Bill be now read the Third time, put and agreed to.
- Bill accordingly read the Third time and passed.