§ (1) Where the valuation officer alters the valuation list under section 1(1) above so as to include an area of a caravan site as a single hereditament, he shall send to the site operator and to each occupier of a pitch for a leisure caravan within the area so included, a notice containing the following information—
- (a) the name and location of the caravan site on which the pitch is situated;
- (b) a statement that the valuation officer is treating an area of the caravan site including the pitch as a single unit in the occupation of the site operator;
- (c) the number of such pitches which the valuation officer is including in the said single unit;
- (d) the amount of the rateable value of the said single unit which the valuation officer attributes to such pitches; and
- (e) the rate in the pound at which the general rate for the rating area is charged under the General Rate Act 1967 in respect of the first year in which the site and pitches thereon are assessed as a single unit.
§ (2) If so requested before the 1st April after the making of the proposal for the alteration of the valuation list under section 1(1) above, by a person occupying any such pitch as aforesaid at the time when the proposal is made, the valuation officer shall give him in writing the information required by subsection (1) above to be given by a notice under that subsection.—[Mr. Wyn Roberts.]1442
§ Brought up, and read the First time.
§ Question proposed, That the clause be read a Second time.
§ Mr. Speaker
We have already had a good bite at this cherry. With new Clause 1 we may discuss the following: