Chairman:22Sir Kirby Laing, JP, MA, C.Eng, FICE. Immediate Past-President, Institution of Civil Engineers; Chairman, the Laing Group of Companies.
Vice-Chairman:G. L. Hargreaves, BSc, C.Eng, FICE. Consultant to Department of Energy; Chairman Offshore Installations Technical Advisory Committee; Chairman, BSI Code of Practice Committee.
Consultants,Sir Ralph Freeman, CVO, CBE, MA, C.Eng, FICE. Past-President, Institution of Civil Engineers; Senior Partner, Freeman Fox & Partners; Chairman, Offshore Structures Committee, Association of Consulting Engineers.L. R. Creasy, CB, OBE, BSc, C.Eng, FIStructE, FICE. Immediate Past-President, Institution of Structural Engineers; Consultant, Alan Marshall & Partners: Former Director of Civil Engineering Development, PSA, DoE.
Construction Industry:John A. Derrington, BSc, DIC, C.Eng, FIStructE, FICE. Head of Design Group, Sir Robert McAlpine & Sons; Vice President, Institution of Structural Engineers; Past-President, the Concrete Society.J. C. Chapman, PhD, C.Eng. FIStructE, FICE, FRINA. Technical Director, George Wimpey & Co. Ltd; Former Director, Constructional Steel Reseach & Development Organisation (CONSTRADO); Council member, IStructE; formerly Reader, Imperial College of Science and Technology; Consultant to British Ship Research Assn, and various ship owners.
Research and Development:A. R. Collins, MBE, DSc, C.Eng, FIStructE, FICE, Past President, Institution of Structural Engineers; Director Construction Industry Research & Information Association; Member, British National Committee for Ocean Eng.; Member, Oceanic Affairs Committee.R. E. Rowe. MA(Cantab), ScD, C.Eng, FlStructE, FICE, Hon. Officer, Institution of Structural Engineers; Director, Research & Development Division, Cement & Concrete Association; Member of various Concete Society Committees.
Department of Energy:C. H. Hunt, BSc, FIMechE, MIEE, FlProdE. Offshore Supplies Office.P. D. Atkinson, BScTech, Petroleum Production Division.
Certifying Authorities:T. A. Lamlough, BSc, C.Eng, FRINA. Head of Ocean Engineering Department. Lloyd's Register of Shipping.
Oil Companies:T. E. Pitkethly. General Manager, Engineering Department, BP Ltd.
§ Terms of Reference:
- (i) Advise on specific problems referred to the Committee by the Secretary of State, Department of Energy.
- (ii) Draw attention to other problems known to, or brought to the attention of members of the Committee.
- (iii) Identify and define tasks beyond the capacity of the Committee, e.g. research projects, and make recommendations for their execution.
§ The Committee in the first place should concentrate on:
- (a) Making detailed recommendations on how the Offshore Installations (Construction and Survey) Regulations and Departmental guidance notes should be carried out.
- (b) Considering whether these regulations and/or guidance notes can be further improved.
- (c) Considering by what further means increased British participation in the design, construction and certification of offshore structures can be promoted.