§ Northern Command
- H.Q. and six sub-units—Bishop Auckland, Horden, Newcastle, Gosforth, Alnwick, Berwick, Kendal, Penrith, Scarborough, Guisborough.
- H.Q. and four sub-units—York, Hull, Castle-ford, Leeds, Wakefield, Pontefract.
- H.Q. and four sub-units—Huddersfield, Keighley, Bradford, Rotherham, Sheffield, Barnsley.
- H.Q. and five sub-units—Sutton-in-Ashfield, Derby, Buxton, Belper, Nottingham, Mansfield, Retford, Newark, Worksop.
- H.Q. and five sub-units—Northampton, Scunthorpe, Gainsborough, Grimsby, Leicester, Hinckley, Melton Mowbray, Ilkeston, Wellingborough, Corby.
§ Southern Command
- H.Q. and four sub-units—Bury St. Edmunds, Dereham, Norwich, Braintree, Dunmow, Cambridge, Wisbech, Bedford.
- H.Q. and four sub-units—Reading, Bletchley, Maidenhead, Portsmouth, Poole, Weymouth, Bournemouth.
- H.Q. and four sub-units—Wandsworth, Camberwell, Hackney, Sutton, Edgware, Hounslow.
- H.Q. and three sub-units—Horsham, Crawley, Folkestone, Dover, Faversham, Farnham.
- H.Q. and four sub-units—Cirencester, Stroud, Gloucester, Salisbury, Barnstaple, Tiverton, Totnes.
- H.Q. and four sub-units—Bath, Midsomer Norton, Falmouth, Camborne, Penzance, Yeovil.
§ Western Command
- H.Q. and three sub-units—Preston, Ashton-under-Lyne, Liverpool, Burnley, Blackburn, Haslingden.
- H.Q. and four sub-units—Clifton, Preston, Chorley, Wigan, Macclesfield, Crewe, Ellesmere Port.
- H.Q. and three sub-units—Donnington, Stourbridge, Coventry, Birmingham, Stafford, Tipton, Lichfield, Shrewsbury, Oswestry, Wellington.
- H.Q. and four sub-units—Wolverhampton, Wellington, Shrewsbury, Whitchurch, Ross-on-Wye, Ledbury, Worcester, Stourport, Droitwich, Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle-under-Lyme.
- H.Q. and two sub-units—Wrexham, Prestatyn, Colwyn Bay, Caernarvon, Aberystwyth, Bangor.
- H.Q. and four sub-units—Llanelli, Amman-ford, Neath, Ystradgynlais, Bridgend, Abertillery, Cwmcarn, Blackwood.
Northern IrelandH.Q. and two sub-units—Armagh, Killyleagh, Lurgan.
- H.Q. and four sub-units—Edinburgh, Penicuik, Glasgow, Galashiels, Dumfries, Hamilton, East Kilbride.
- H.Q. and four sub-units*—Elgin, Keith, Buckie, Aberdeen, Falkirk, Dumbarton, Lochgilphead, Campbeltown.
§ * One of these sub-units will be the present company at Stornoway, whose present rôle will be assumed by the existing detachment at Kirkcaldy which will be expanded to rifle company establishment.