§ Queen's Recommendation having been signified—
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make further provision for grants by local authorities and contributions out of moneys provided by Parliament towards the cost of providing dwellings by conversion or of improving dwellings and houses; to confer powers on local authorities to improve living conditions by improving the amenities of areas or of dwellings therein; and for other purposes, it is expedient to authorise:—
(1) The payment out of moneys provided by Parliament—
(2) The payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of contributions to local authorities towards so much of any expenses incurred by them, or treated under the Act as incurred by them, for the purpose of the improvement of the amenities of certain areas or of dwellings therein as may be approved by a Minister of the Crown.
(3) The payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any expenses of a Government department which are attributable to the provisions of the Act for making payments in respect of interests in houses purchased at site value or vacated.
(4) Any increase in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament under the provisions of section 60 of the Housing Act 1957 or Schedule 2 to that Act, as applied by Schedule 2 to the Land Compensation Act 1961 as amended, which is attributable to any amendment or extension of those provisions by the Act of the present Session.
(5) Any increase attributable to the Act of the present Session in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament under section 40(7) of the Rent Act 1968.
(6) Any increase in the sums payable out of moneys provided by Parliament in respect of rate support grants which may arise from the inclusion, in the expenditure relevant to the fixing of the aggregate amount of those grants, of expenditure under the Act.
(7) The payment of any sums into the Consolidated Fund.—[Mr. MacColl.]