§ 63. Mr. Biggs-Davison
asked the Minister of Labour what private organisations concerned with the rehabilitation and relief of the disabled receive the Government's financial support.
§ Mr. Thornton
As the reply is rather long I will with permission circulate a statement in the OFFICIAL REPORT.
§ Mr. Biggs-Davison
Will the hon. Gentleman consider adding to the list 621 the Pony Riding for the Disabled Scheme, and if he is not convinced, would he care to see it in operation at Grange Farm, Chigwell?
§ Following is the statement:
§ 1. Financial assistance is given to private organisations concerned with the rehabilitation and relief of the disabled by the following Government Departments:—
- The Ministry of Health.
- The Scottish Home and Health Department.
- The Ministry of Labour.
- The Department of Education and Science.
§ 2. The organisations assisted by each are listed below:—
§ THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
- The Royal National Institute for the Blind.
- The National Library for the Blind.
- Regional Associations for the Blind.
- The College of Teachers of the Blind.
- The British and Foreign Bible Society.
§ THE SCOTTISH HOME AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Royal Blind Asylum, Edinburgh.
- Scottish Association for Mental Health, Edinburgh.
- Scottish Federation for the Welfare of the Blind, Edinburgh.
§ MINISTRY OF LABOUR
§ 1. REHABILITATION ESTABLISHMENTS
§ London and South East
- Industrial Therapy Organisation (Thames) Limited.
- Industrial Therapy Organisation (Epsom) Limited.
Wales and South WesternR.N.I.B., Manor House, Torquay.
ScotlandSociety for Welfare and Teaching the Blind, Alwyn House, Ceres, Fife.
§ 2. TRAINING ESTABLISHMENTS
§ London and South East
- Royal National Institute for the Blind, Pembridge Place, London.
- R.N.I.B. School of Physiotherapy, Great Portland Street, London.
- Queen Elizabeth's College, Leatherhead.
- Lingfield Epileptic Colony, Lingfield.
- St. Dunstans.
§ Midlands Region
- Portland Training Centre, Mansfield.
- The Spastics Society, Joseph Lucas Training School, Birmingham.
Yorks and Humberside and Northern622Finchale Abbey Training Centre, Co. Durham.
§ Wales and South West
- St. Loyes College, Exeter.
- Royal National Institute for the Deaf, Training Centre for Maladjusted Deaf Youths, Abbotskerswell, Devon.
ScotlandRoyal Blind School, Craigmillar, Edinburgh.
North West RegionThe Spastics Society, Chester Office Training Centre.
§ 3. (a) SHELTERED WORKSHOPS—BLIND
§ Northern Region
- Cleveland and South Durham Institute for the Blind.
- Sunderland and Durham County Incorporated Royal Institution for the Blind, Sunderland.
- The Hartlepools Workshops for the Blind.
§ Yorks and Humberside Region
- Institution for the Blind of Dewsbury, Batley and District.
- The Lindsey Blind Society, Scunthorpe.
- Hull and East Riding Institute for the Blind.
§ Eastern and Southern Region
- The Incorporated Association for Promoting the General Welfare of the Blind, County Workshops for the Blind, Luton.
- The Norwich Institution for the Blind.
§ London and South Eastern Region
- Barclay School Workshops for the Blind, Brighton.
- Royal School for the Blind, Leatherhead.
- Royal School for the Blind, London Workshop, S.E.1.
- London Association for the Blind, S.E.15.
- The Incorporated Association for Promoting the General Welfare of the Blind, London, W.1.
- Royal London Society for the Blind, N.W.6.
§ South Western Region
- Bristol Royal School and Workshops for the Blind.
- South Devon and Cornwall Institution for the Blind, Plymouth.
- Cardiff Institute for the Blind (Incorporated).
- Carmarthenshire Blind Society, Llanelly Branch.
- Merthyr Tydfil Institution for the Blind.
§ Midlands Region
- Wolverhampton, Dudley and Districts Institute for the Blind.
- The Royal Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Incorporated Institution for the Blind.
- Northamptonshire Town and County Association for the Blind.
- Royal Midland Institution for the Blind, Nottingham.
§ North Western Region
- Accrington and District Institution for the Blind and Prevention of Blindness.
- Blackpool and Fylde Society for the Blind.
- Chester and District Blind Welfare Society.
- Liverpool Workshops and Birkenhead Society for the Blind (Incorporated).
- Henshaw's Institution for the Blind, Manchester.
- The Workshops of the Institute for Blind Welfare, Preston.
- St. Helens and District Society for the Welfare of the Blind.
- Wigan, Leigh and District Society for the Blind.
- The Royal Aberdeen Workshop for the Blind.
- The Royal Dundee Institution for the Blind.
- The Royal Blind Asylum and School, Edinburgh.
- The Northern Counties Institute for the Blind, Inverness.
§ 3. (b) SHELTERED WORKSHOPS—SIGHTED DISABLED
NorthernBotton Estate (Camphill Village Trust) Whitby.
§ Eastern and Southern
- British Red Cross Society Workshops for the Disabled (Mustow House), Bury St. Edmunds.
- Enham-Alamein Village Centre, Andover.
- Lord Roberts' Workshops, Colchester.
- Papworth Village Settlement, Cambridge.
- Sherrards Centre (Spastics Society), Welwyn Garden City.
- Hertfordshire Association for the Welfare of the Handicapped, Watford.
- Yately Industries, Fleet.
- Ludun Limited, Luton and Dunstable.
§ London and South Eastern
- British Legion Industries, Maidstone.
- Church Army Rehabilitation Centre, Brixton.
- Dorincourt Estates Limited, Leather-head.
- Hostels for Crippled and Invalid Women Workers, Camberwell.
- Lord Roberts' Workshops, Brookwood, Woking.
- Lord Roberts' Workshops, Fulham.
- School of Stitchery, Leatherhead.
- Thermega Limited, Leatherhead.
§ South Western
- The Grange (Camphill Village Trust), Cinderford.
- Industrial Therapy Organisation, Bristol.
- Lord Roberts' Workshops, Bristol.
- St. Loyes College, Exeter.
- Cornwall Infirmary Sheltered Workshop, Truro.
WalesCambrian Factory Limited, Ammanford.
MidlandsPortland Training College for the Disabled, Mansfield.
§ North Western
- Cheadle Royal Industries Limited, Stockport.
- Barrowmore Industries, Chester.
- Anne Glassey Workshop, Wallasey.
- Lord Roberts' Workshop, Liverpool.
- Sir Robert Jones' Memorial Workshops, Liverpool.
- Erskine Hospital Workshops, Paisley.
- Haven Products Limited, Hillington, Glasgow.
- Haven Products Limited, Largs.
- Lord Roberts' Workshops, Dundee.
- Lord Roberts' Workshops, Edinburgh.
- Newton Dee Community (Camphill Village Trust) Aberdeen.
- Scottish Council for the Care of Spastics, Rhuemore, Edinburgh.
- Scottish Epilepsy Association (Seaborn Industries) Glasgow.
- Scottish Hansel Village Circle Limited, Ayr.
- Thistlecraft Limited, Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh Cripples Aid Society.
§ Total number of organisations:—
|Sheltered Workshops (75 workshops belonging to 64 organisations)||64|
§ DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
§ Training Establishments
- Royal Normal College and Academy for the Blind, Rowton Castle, Near Shrewsbury.
- Hethersett Centre for the Adolescent Blind, Reigate.
- Queen Alexandra Training College (Birmingham Royal Institution for the Blind), Edgbaston, Birmingham.
DeafRoyal Residential Schools for the Deaf, Old Trafford, Manchester.
§ Physically Handicapped
- Lord Mayor Treloar College, Froyle, Alton, Hampshire.
- Derwen Cripples' Training College, Oswestry.
- Queen Elizabeth Training College for the Disabled, Leatherhead.
- School of Stitchery, Bookham, Surrey.
- St. Loyes College for the Training and Rehabilitation of the Disabled, Exeter.