§ [Queen's Recommendation signified]
§ Considered in Committee under Standing Order No. 88 (Money Committees).
§ [Sir WILLIAM ANSTRUTHER-GRAY in the Chair]
§ That, for the purposes of any Act of this Session to make further provision for industrial and commercial training, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of—
- (a) grants or loans, not in the aggregate exceeding £50 million or such greater amount as may from time to time be by order determined, to bodies exercising functions under that Act in connection with industrial or commercial training;
- (b) any expenses incurred by any person in acting in place of the members of such a body in pursuance of default powers exercisable under that Act;
- (c) allowances to members of a Central Training Council established under that Act;
- (d) fees and allowances to members of tribunals established under that Act, and allowances to persons giving evidence before such tribunals;
- (e) any administrative expenses incurred by any Minister under that Act;
- (f) any increase attributable to that Act in the sums so payable by way of Rate-deficiency Grant or Exchequer Equalisation Grant under the enactments relating to local government in England and Wales or in Scotland; and
- (g) any increase in the sums so payable under those enactments in respect of general grants which may arise from any increase attributable to that Act in the expenditure relevant to the fixing of the aggregate amounts of those grants.—[Mr. Green.]
§ Resolution to be reported.
§ Report to be received Tomorrow.