§ 57. Mr. Wyatt
asked the Chancellor of the Exchequer whether he will give the names of those appointed to serve on the committee set up to inquire into the Government's Home Information Services; and whether he will extend the scope of this committee so that it may inquire into the Government's overseas information services also.
§ Sir S. Cripps
Yes, Sir. I will circulate the names of the members of the Committee in the OFFICIAL REPORT. As regards the second part of the Question, the method by which expenditure on the Government's overseas information services might appropriately be reviewed is under consideration.
§ Following are the names:
- Sir Henry French (Chairman): Director General, British Film Producers' Association.
- Mr. A. P. Ryan: The Times.
- Mr. J. I. C. Crombie: Treasury.
- Mr. E. M. Nicholson: Lord President's Office.
- Mr. S. A. Bailey: Ministry of Transport.
- Mr. J. Littlewood (Secretary): Treasury.