§ Message to attend the Lords Commissioners.
§ The House went; and, having returned: —
§ Mr. SPEAKER reported the Royal Assent to—
- 1.Census of Production Act, 1939.
- 2.Prevention of Fraud (Investments) Act,1939.
- 3. Army and Air Force (Annual) Act, 1939.
- 4. Local Government Superannuation Act, 1939.
- 5. Ministry of Health Provisional Order Confirmation (Colchester) Act, 1939.
- 6. Ministry of Health Provisional Order Confirmation (Newbury) Act, 1939.
- 7. Exeter Extension Act, 1939.
- 1. Queen Anne's Bounty (Powers)Measure, 1939.
- 2. Ecclesiastical Officers Remuneration Measure, 1939.
§ Mr. A. Herbert
On a point of Order At the interesting ceremony that we have just witnessed in another place, I observed, and some of my colleagues of greater experience also observed, that the Clerk of the Parliaments failed to bow to the faithful Commons. I desire to ask you, Mr. Speaker, whether, assuming that I am right in saying that precedent has always commanded and received the Clerk of the Parliaments' bow to the faithful Commons, you will make representations in the proper quarter that that proceeding be again resumed?