§ 58. Mr. MESSER
asked the Minister of Transport how many fatal and how many non-fatal accidents have occurred during the last twelve months, up to the most convenient date, in those roads in South Tottenham known as Green Lanes, Seven Sisters Road, and High Road?
§ Following is the information:
§ Mr. HORE-BELISHA
Yes, Sir, and with the hon. Member's permission I will circulate the latest information available to me in the OFFICIAL REPORT.
§ Following is the information:
LIST OF WORKS SCHEDULED UNDER THE RAILWAYS (AGREEMENT) ACT, 1935, WHICH HAVE BEEN COMMENCED AS AT THE JUNE ACCOUNTING PERIOD.(N.B.—The item numbers in the margin correspond with the numbering of the works set out in the First Schedule to the Agreement.)
§ Great Western Railway.
- 3. Barnstaple and Minehead Branches; Newquay and Porthcawl.
- 4. Works at Plymouth and Penzance (Ponsandane Yard);
- Improvements at sundry stations in Devon and Cornwall;
- Improvements at Whitland, Yeovil, Hatton, Pershore, Penmaenpool, Llanbed r, Pensarn, Llandaff, Cemmes Road, Celynen North (New Halt) and Paddington (Offices).
- 5. Works at Brentford, Hockley, Old Oak Common, Plymouth, Pontypool Road, Pontyffynnon, Bourne End and Swansea.
- 6. Work on section of line from Patney to Halt Junction.
- 7. Work in hand as follows:
- Fitting restaurant cars with large windows, ventilators, settees, etc.
- Lengthening articulated stock and provision of independent bogies.
- Converting buffet cars to brake thirds.
- Fitting Cornish Riviera trains with ventilators and screens.
- Remodelling kitchens and pantries in dining cars.
- 8. Works in hand include:
- Extension of automatic train control to sections of line Plymouth-Penzance, Swansea-Fishguard, Wolerhampton-Saltney and Hereford-Shrewsbury.
- Fitting of engines with automatic train control appliances.
- Additional track circuiting at various places.
- Improved telephones between Paddington, West of England and Weymouth.
- Improved signalling on Stourbridge extension line.
§ London Midland and Scottish Railway.
- 1. All electric rolling stock work has been put in hand.
- Materials ordered for track equipment.
- Orders for cabling and sub-station plant have been placed.
- 3. Orders for the whole of the new steam locomotives have been placed.
- 4. Orders for the whole of the new carriages have been placed.
- 5. Preparation of the scheme is in hand.
- 6. Work at Kilwinning Junction (signalling alterations) practically complete.
- Track circuiting at various places; materials on order and work commenced.
- Equipment of goods lines for passenger working at Crewe; practically complete.
- 7. Reconstruction of Largs Passenger Station; work well in hand.
§ London and North Eastern Railway.
- 3. Running loops at Ranskill and Bawtry; work commenced.
- 4. Sidings at Cowlairs completed.
- Additional sidings at Edinburgh have been laid down and washing platforms are in course of erection.
- 6. Seven engines and tenders delivered; remainder under construction.
- 7. Fifty-five passenger carriages completed; remainder under construction. Fifty-one carriages converted from gas to electric lighting.
§ Southern Railway.
- 1.—(a), (b), (c). On these three sections of line work is in hand as regards track equipment, high tension and pilot cables; sub-station equipment and electric train equipment.
- 2. Work on this portion of new railway is in hand.