§ 27. Sir WILLIAM DAVISON
asked the Home Secretary the terms of reference to the Royal Commission on Lotteries, etc., and the names of the Commissioners?
§ 24. Mr. BERNAYS
asked the Home Secretary whether he is now in a position to state the personnel of the Royal Commission on Betting Laws?
§ Sir H. SAMUEL
His Majesty has been pleased to approve the appointment of a Royal Commission with the following terms of reference:To inquire into the existing law, and the practice thereunder, relating to lotteries, betting, gambling and cognate matters, and to report what changes, if any, are desirable and practicable.
- The Commission will consist of
- Sir Sidney Rowlatt, K.C.S. (Chairman);
- C. T. Cramp, Esquire;
- Lady Emmott;
- R. F. Graham-Campbell, Esquire;
- W. L. Hichens, Esquire;
- The Right Hon. Sir F. S. Jackson, G.C.I.E.;
- Sir James Leishman;
- A. Maitland, Esquire, K.C.;
- Sir David John Owen;
- Arthur Shaw, Esquire, J.P.;
- Sir Sydney Skinner, J.P.;
- Mrs. J. L. Stocks.
§ Sir W. DAVISON
Can my right hon. Friend say whether the Royal Commission will commence their sittings forthwith?